Referencing Rumpelstiltskin

InkGypsy
Administrator
So the most recent episode, as I'm writing this, is Season 3, Episode 317 The Law of Sacrifice. I was quite delighted to see the Rumpelstiltskin quote at the start and, as a result kept picking up parallels between the stories all the way through. Possibly one of the best modern uses of the fairy tale I've seen. What motifs and parallels did you catch?
(And did you cry when Adalind did, because I really felt like I just might! Not a character I ever expected to feel much sympathy for, so that was a surprise.)
Once Upon A Blog... fairy tale news